Losing a tooth is one of the worst dental problems you could possibly face. Tooth loss results in difficulty chewing and self-consciousness when speaking or even smiling. Without the natural tooth’s root, your jaw bone will decrease in size and will no longer be able to support your facial structure – this will instantly make you look older. Fortunately, the team at Hart Cosmetic & Implant Dentistry is proud to offer a solution in the form of dental implants.
What are Dental Implants?
- A dental implant is a small titanium post that is surgically attached to your jaw bone as an artificial root.
- Titanium is the only material we use, as it naturally fuses to your jaw and provides the necessary support.
- This artificial root serves as an anchor for the missing tooth’s replacement – usually, a ceramic dental crown.
- If you have lost several or all of your upper and/or lower teeth, dental implants can also be used to permanently attach bridges or dentures to your jaw for a more comfortable fit.
What is the procedure for Dental Implants?
At Hart Cosmetic & Implant Dentistry, we will perform the entire implants treatment in-office in order to have full control over the procedure for maximum patient comfort and optimal results. Dental implants require meticulous planning, which means that we will need to perform a thorough evaluation of your dental and overall medical history to determine whether your jaw bone is adequate to hold the implant(s). If all is well, you will soon be able to enjoy the full benefit of dental implants, including:
- Improved chewing and speaking ability
- Comfort that is equivalent to your former natural teeth
- A solution that lasts a lifetime – with proper daily care and maintenance
- A beautiful smile and a more youthful you – higher self-esteem!
If you live in Thousand Oaks, CA, and believe that you are in need of dental implants, please do not hesitate to contact us today.