Why Choose Us?AN EXTRAORDINARY TEAM OF HIGHLY TRAINED DOCTORS
- Elite Surgical Fellowship in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Innovator of Breakthrough Veneers Technology
- Clinical Instructor in Endodontics at Creighton University
- Academic and Clinical Achievement Awards and Prestigious Memberships
- Graduates of Prominent Universities
• Tufts University School of Dental Medicine
• Case Western Reserve
• Las Vegas Institute
If your tooth is severely damaged, do not panic! You are unlikely to lose it if the problem is treated in a timely manner. The ideal solution to saving your tooth is to see your dentist for the dental crown treatment.
A dental crown is a tooth-shaped cap positioned over a tooth whose structure has been compromised, due to a large crack, missing filling, infection or decay, or a recent root canal. It can also be used for the purpose of encasing a dental implant or anchoring a bridge. The crown restores your tooth’s natural structure and function, offering it additional durability and strength and restoring its aesthetic appearance.
At Hart Cosmetic & Implant Dentistry, we offer a three types of dental crowns for a variety of individual needs: Full porcelain crowns are best for the front teeth that are visible when you smile and speak. On the other hand, porcelain-fused-to-metal crowns and all-metal crowns are perfect for your back teeth, as metal is ideal for teeth with high bite pressure.
The Crown Procedure is as follows:
- 1We shape the tooth to better accommodate the crown.
- 2We create an impression of the area in your mouth where the affected tooth is located.
- 3We then place an acrylic crown onto the affected area while a permanent crown is designed in our dental lab.
- 4After a period of approximately 1-2 weeks, we replace the acrylic crown with the permanent one for an artificial tooth that not only looks entirely real but could also last up to 40 years – with proper care and maintenance!
If you live anywhere in Thousand Oaks, CA, and would like to learn more about dental crowns and whether this treatment is right for you, please feel free to contact us today.