Why Choose Us?AN EXTRAORDINARY TEAM OF HIGHLY TRAINED DOCTORS
- Elite Surgical Fellowship in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Innovator of Breakthrough Veneers Technology
- Clinical Instructor in Endodontics at Creighton University
- Academic and Clinical Achievement Awards and Prestigious Memberships
- Graduates of Prominent Universities
• Tufts University School of Dental Medicine
• Case Western Reserve
• Las Vegas Institute
What are Porcelain Veneers?
A veneer is a thin shell of porcelain or composite material that is bonded to the front surface of a tooth to improve its appearance. This is often the perfect alternative to extensive restorative procedures, which are not always necessary. Porcelain veneers, often referred to as “instant orthodontics,” may even serve as a substitute for braces in certain situations. At Hart Cosmetic & Implant Dentistry, your Thousand Oaks cosmetic dentist will help determine whether veneers are right for your individual case.
Requiring very little tooth preparation, porcelain veneers can address the problem of teeth that are broken or chipped, crooked or misshapen, stained or discolored, or unevenly spaced. This treatment can achieve a significant aesthetic improvement in your smile through a very simple process, as follows:
- 1. On the First Visit:your dentist will remove a mere 0.3 to 0.5 mm of your tooth enamel to accommodate the porcelain shell. We will then take an impression of the affected tooth so that your restoration can be created in our dental lab.
- 2. On the Second Visit:we will thoroughly clean your tooth and permanently apply the veneer using a dental cement, which will be hardened with a specialized curing light.
The end result is a newly perfect tooth that is no different from your surrounding healthy teeth. When you can once again smile with confidence, we will know that we have achieved our goal.
To learn more about porcelain veneers in our Thousand Oaks, CA, dental office, please do not hesitate to contact us today.