Why Choose Us?AN EXTRAORDINARY TEAM OF HIGHLY TRAINED DOCTORS
- Elite Surgical Fellowship in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Innovator of Breakthrough Veneers Technology
- Clinical Instructor in Endodontics at Creighton University
- Academic and Clinical Achievement Awards and Prestigious Memberships
- Graduates of Prominent Universities
• Tufts University School of Dental Medicine
• Case Western Reserve
• Las Vegas Institute
Tooth Fillings in Thousand Oaks
In the past, repairing a tooth cavity required an extensive procedure and an unsightly restoration method in the form of silver amalgam fillings. Fortunately, modern dentistry has created a series of equally beneficial, long-lasting solutions that also match the appearance of your natural teeth. If you are looking for tooth restorations, such as white fillings, in Thousand Oaks and surrounding areas, you have come to the right place.
At Hart Cosmetic & Implant Dentistry, we can restore your tooth with a minimally invasive procedure known as an inlay, onlay or fillling.
Inlays / Onlays / White Fillings
Inlays, onlays and fillings are restorations for teeth that have a mild to moderate amount of decay. They can be made of composite resin material or porcelain by our advanced dental laboratory. Once completed, they will be bonded to the tooth. The chosen material greatly depends on the location of the tooth as well as your distinct needs and preferences.
A porcelain inlay fills a hole inside the tooth, while a porcelain onlay covers the top of the tooth on order to build up its shape. Meanwhile, a composite (white) filling acts much like an inlay, filling the hole inside the tooth. The difference is in the material utilized – although durable, it is not as strong as porcelain.
For natural-looking restorations, we use composite resin or porcelain materials to:
- Restore teeth that are cracked or fractured, if the damage is not severe enough to require a dental crown.
- Replace metal fillings for patients who desire a more aesthetically appealing smile.
- Conserve more of the natural tooth structure.
Treatment involves isolating the tooth and removing any old fillings or damaged tooth structure under local anesthesia.
- Filling:The hole in the tooth is filled with a composite resin and cured. It is then bonded/cemented into the tooth and any necessary adjustments and filings are done to ensure optimal patient comfort.
- Inlay / Onlay:An impression of the tooth is made, then the inlay or onlay is created from porcelain material in an onsite or off-site lab. When the restoration is completed, it is placed into or onto the tooth and bonded securely into place. Adjustments may be made to ensure that the tooth is comfortable to bite on.
Benefits of Inlays / Onlays / White Fillings
In treating dental decay, inlays / onlays and fillings help to eliminate tooth sensitivity and eventual tooth loss.
Additional benefits include:
- Made from tooth-colored material, the three types of tooth restorations are virtually invisible.
- Unlike metal restorations, porcelain inlays / onlays and composite fillings will not expand or contract in response to temperature changes caused by hot or cold foods. This diminishes the possibility of fracture.
- The restorations require less tooth reduction than metal fillings, allowing your dentist to conserve more of the natural tooth.
- The durable porcelain material from which inlays and onlays are made helps them last up to 30 years, much longer than that of conventional amalgam fillings. Although not as durable as porcelain, composite fillings last a long time.
- The restorations can replace amalgam fillings to create a healthier, more natural-looking smile.
- By saving decayed teeth, the restorations prevent the need for more extensive treatment later on.
To learn more about white fillings and other tooth restorations in Thousand Oaks, CA, please contact us at Hart Cosmetic & Implant Dentistry today.